Best tips how to book your Maternity Photo ShootRenata
We all know that pregnancy is a magical wonderful time in the life of a woman and a family; this special fase is one of the most important moments in life. So it’s very important to register this extraordinary moment. That way, you are staring record your baby’s history, from the beginning! As a result, is important to choose a professional to help you achieve it.
Choose the best photographer for you
There are something that you have to consider, when choosing a photographer for this kind of job:
- Personal Experience: Did you have a friend that did an amazing maternity photo shoot? Ask her to for her advice. It’s very important to choose someone that you’ll be comfortable with.
- Style: There are tons of styles for your photo shoot. You should do some research about what do you want. Do you prefer a home or a great outdoors shoot? Do you want to do this alone or with your family? Do you prefer classical photography or contemporary photography? You must be able to know the answers to these questions, it will help you choose the right photographer.
- Market Research: Nowadays, you have all the information that you need at your disposal. Just go online and research the market of maternity photo shoots. You can start in places like Facebook or Pinterest. While you looking, check the online portfolios and other costumers feedbacks.
- Set an Interview: It’s important for you to know the photographer personally before the session. You should look for someone with experience in this type of shoots. And if the photographer is a mother, better! She can understand what you are feeling.
- Check the Portfolios: You should always check the portfolios in person, considering that live photography is very different from digital photography. You will have a better idea how the final result will be.
- Discuss the details and recommendations: It’s crucial that you check every detail with the photographer before booking the shoot. You don’t want to have unpleasant surprises in your special day.
Before the session
Before you book your maternity photo shoot, there are something that you should know:
- For outside photography session: the best time is in summer 7am-8am, 7pm-8pm. You can choose one hour before the sunset or one hour after the sunrise.
- For inside photography: the time is not important.
- The best period for pregnant photography is 7-8 months. In that period the belly is visible but not too big, you still have energy and you aren’t that tired.
Preparations for the big day
The preparations for this type of shoot are similar to other photo shoots: you should look your best! We are going to leave some tips for that:
- Nails: It’s important to take care of your hands and nails before the photo session as often traditionally hands are around the belly in the photo.
- Hair: Make your hair look nice. Long flowing hair looks stunning.
- Makeup: Don’t do bright makeup. A gentle day makeup is fine.
- Clothes: Make sure you are wearing proper clothes. We recommend light plain colors, no big bright patterns and images, no lettering. All above can distract the attention from you and your lovely tummy. A good idea is to wear comfortable clothes like knitted cardigans, a beanie and warm and cosy pijama. You can also take accessories — small soft toys or knitted baby shoes or small baby socks. It’s better to wear fitted clothes that shows the bump clearly. Also long dresses and skirts (length to the floor) that hug your bump look amazing. It’s a good idea to take a nice lingerie with you just in case you want to make a few sexy photos. Don’t forget about nice
On the day of the shoot
This day is a fun day for you; it’s our wish that you feel amazing and special. So we want to summarize some important things for you to consider:
- Things to bring to the shoot: If you are having a photo session when its cold or chilly don’t forget to take a blanket or a warm cardigan that you can cover and uncover yourself quickly and easily. Most pregnant women have beautiful décolletage zone, so we recommend to wear clothes that open this part of your body. Don’t forget to take with you: a bottle of water, comfortable shoes, hair brush, snacks, lip stick, face powder, tissues, and your smile.
- If you are going to bring your partner: If you want to your partner to join you then please remember that his/her clothes should math with the clothing that you are wearing. And same recommendations: light solid colors in top clothing and jeans or dark/light color pants/shorts, no big and bright images and lettering on the clothes.